If you have an interest in helping run the various condo activities held from time to time in the building or you have new ideas for other social activities for the building, or you simply would like to be involved and meet people. Then the Social Committee is for you. There is not a huge time commitment and the meetings are always social. Forward your name to firstname.lastname@example.org
192Jarvis Social Committee
The Social Committee has given thought to some possible other events that may or may not be of interest to residents of 192 Jarvis. We are publishing these ideas to determine if there is any interest. If so, please email us at email@example.com.
Outside of the Condo Building. In both case reservations are required. Right now we’re just trying to gauge interest in two possible outings:
- Dinner out at the Blake House Restaurant on Sunday July 17 at 6.00 PM. The restaurant is located on Jarvis Street, short walk north from our building. The evening will be part of Summerlicious.
- An evening of 60’s Folk music at the Free Times Cafe on Wednesday, August 18, 6.30 – 9.30 PM. The Cafe is located on College, just west of Spadina. Join us for dinner, drinks and two hour of 60’s folk music everyone knows. There is a cover charge of $10, Meal and drinks are separate.
In the Condo Building. For each of these activities we want to determine the interest.
- Bridge or Euchre – Indicate which days you can attend, and whether you prefer afternoon or evenings.
- Academy Awards Night event. – Next years awards. Hosted by an owner.
- Condo Open House Tour of 192 Jarvis. Owners offer to open their units for the event. Owner entertains for 30 minutes and then we move onto the next unit. Emphasis not only on Renos, but chance to meet neighbours. Do not have to open your condo to participate.
- Garage Sale. Plan for the Fall. To be held in back patio. chance to get rid of some of the “stuff” in your condo. Details to be worked out.
- Visit to TIFF. King Street West. Offers free tours and able to view a wide range of movies for free in their theatre.
- A Talk by Bruce Bell – historian. Would look to tailor a presentation related to this area of Jarvis Street. A 1 – 2 hour presentation. There would be a small individual charge. Could hold here and include a neighbouring building.
- Ronnie Burkett concert – Once performance dates in Toronto are announced, we will advise.
- Sunday Brunch at the King Edward Hotel (Victoria’s Restaurant).
If you have in interest in one or more of these suggestions, please let us know by sending a message to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once we have feedback from residents, we will finalize a schedule. Therefore, we want to hear from you.
Please note that we’d welcome other suggestions, so please forward them to email@example.com.
192 Jarvis Social Committee
Condo Social Committee Activities
For informational purposes, following are the dates for our Regular and Annual Social events for unit owners and residents at 192 Jarvis.
Please record the dates in your calendar.
- Annual Condo BBQ – June 25 (event already held).
- Thursday Rooftop drinks (6.00 – 8.00 PM) – weather dependent. From June 9 – Sept 8)
- Rooftop Soiree – Thursday Sept 8 (6.00 PM – ……….) This is our last Thursday on the roof.
- End of Year Drinks in the Lobby around the tree. Sunday, December 11 (6.00 – 8.00 PM)
Further details for each event will be provided closer to the dates.
Note: See above post re additional ideas for other social events.
Condo Social Committee
July 3, 2016
Our backyard BBQ as another great success. More than 60 people attended. It was a great opportunity to meet new neighbours and catch up with friends. Many thanks to the hardworking members of the Social Committee for organizing the event!
To see photos from the BBQ, click on the image to the right (or go to the “About 192 Jarvis” tab on our homepage, and then go to “Social Events”).